Location: Wick, Caithness, Scotland
Sweco supported long term client SSE in the development & procurement of an Operations and Maintenance base in Wick to support Beatrice Offshore Windfarm Limited (BOWL). The O&M base scheme comprised 100m long by 6m wide pier extension to the existing jetty, new three storey building provided accommodation/storage for BOWL/RNLI/Wick Harbour Authority, service yard and serviced pontoons to accommodate six number Crew Transfer Vessels.
Sweco provided full technical support to SSE with all disciplines delivered in-house resulting in fully co-ordinated service. Initial design, site surveys, stakeholder engagement and contract document preparation were delivered to very challenging programme. Building information modelling (BIM) of Operations Base provided client with improved visualisation and also enabled client change requests to be easily incorporated.
• Front End Engineering geotechnical, civil/structural engineering, building services and architectural design for the O&M base building.
• Front End Engineering marine design for pier extension, linkspan bridges and pontoon restraint piles.
• Geotechnical and structural site investigation design, procurement and site supervision.
• Building Information Modelling (BIM) for Operations base building.
• Production of works information package including drawings, specifications and reports.
• Preparing and obtaining Marine Scotland Construction Licence and supporting Harbour Revision Order.
• Client technical adviser during Design & Build tender and contract award process.