South Kensington Around Station Development
- Air Quality Assessment to support the planning application for the South Kensington Around Station Development
- Native Land (Kensington) Limited, TTL South Kensington Properties Limited & Transport for London
- South Kensington Station, Royal Borough of South Kensington, London
- Air quality assessment to determine both the site suitability for new mixed use development and the impact from the proposed development
- Air quality involved at design stage to influence mechanical ventilation proposed as part of the project design
- Other Sweco services involved in project include: Acoustics, Building Services & Mechanical Engineers
- Central London Location
- Creation of new street canyon environment
- Change in street canyon height on existing street canyon
- Need to identify suitable locations for mechanical ventilation inlets
- Early consultation with Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea ensured that scope of assessment was suitable. This resulted in positive feedback and acceptance of the assessment.
- Street canyon environment included within air quality modelling to determine site suitability for mixed use development, including new residential units along Pelham Street and Thurlow Street due to the current air quality concentrations in the area.
- Street canyon environment included within air quality modelling to determine the impact from the proposed development on nearby existing sensitive receptors.
- Construction Dust Risk Assessment undertaken to determine risk from demolition and construction activities onsite and to determine the level of mitigation required.
- Air Quality Neutral Assessment undertaken for vehicle and building emissions following GLA Guidance.
- Used dispersion modelling results to work with building services and mechanical engineers to identify appropriate ventilation intake locations.
The Result and Benefit to the Client
- Air quality assessment well received by environmental team at Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea due to the comprehensive assessment and detailed report produced.
Contact our experts today
Get in touch using our quick form, and we’ll direct your comment or query to the right specialist. You’ll receive a response shortly, but if you need to talk in the meantime please call +44 (0) 113 262 0000