One of our immediate focus areas is helping our clients to deal with the changes under the new Building Safety Bill, which is currently in draft with the Government, and due for Royal Assent in June 2022. Sweco is well placed to be one of pioneers in the area, as we already have the right processes in place to control information and keep it safe. Our internal auditing systems and trackers are what the building safety bill ask for.
Peter Louis Head of Building Safety at Sweco UK
Our core services
Building safety inspection & monitoring
As a surveyor lead unit, we can offer consultancy, site monitoring (inspection) and fire safety expertise through RIBA Stages 1-7, including:
- Building Safety Bill Gateway 1-3 Consultancy Services
- Overall Building Regulation/Golden Thread Compliance monitoring
- RIBA stage 5 fire strategy site inspection monitoring
- Access audits
- Fire safety compliance reports (RIBA Stages 1-7)
- Specialist cladding compliance review/monitoring
- Fire risk assessments
- Support development of modern methods of construction (CLT, Modular etc.)
- Pre-tender Building Regulation compliance assessments
- Training & CPD provision
We can support your Building Safety Manager/Officer by providing a report of the inspections (scheduled or ad-hoc). We’ll also follow up on every visit with detailed advice on any issues that arise from the surveys we carry out – in the context of the regulations or guidance we’re here to help you adhere to. Through our ATP system we can offer enhanced site reports if needed, to enhance our monitoring role.
Building safety systems
We’re also able to provide full compliance monitoring for building systems. This could be at any design stage, and would involve us checking the design and/or prototypes and providing compliance report on the system at each phase. Where required we can advise on the compliance of tested products, which may in some cases involve us witnessing the test.