Excellence in ecology
Our work is wide in scope and practical in approach. From initial desk-based research and site assessment, we offer a wide range of specialist services including habitat and species surveys, protected species licensing and mitigation design, through to detailed design, ecological monitoring and maintenance advice.
We also offer ecological clerks of works and environmental advisory services for investigatory, construction and maintenance projects, and suitably qualified ecologists for BREEAM.
Sweco’s ecology calendars
Our ecology calendars have been designed to help you with your project planning. The calendar allows clients to uncover vital data at the right times – for example, protected species surveys which are best undertaken at certain times of the year, and can vary according to the species concerned and the type of survey required.
Our services include:
- Protected species survey and licensing
- Habitat and botanical survey (UK Habitat Classification, NVC, Phase 1)
- Invasive non-native species survey
- Ecological mitigation design and integration
- Preliminary Ecological Appraisal (PEA)
- Environmental and Ecological Impact Assessment (EIA/EcIA)
- Habitats Regulations Appraisal (HRA)
- Biodiversity net gain including use of Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) metrics
- Ecological Clerk of Works and site-based environmental advisory service
- Groundwater-dependent terrestrial ecosystem assessments