New: Digital Reporting for EIA’s
Digital environmental impact assessments are increasingly important in helping developers to bring forward developments that respond directly to the needs of communities – and as COP26 approaches, the opportunity to switch to paperless digital reporting is particularly timely. Contact Rebecca McLean for more information about digital reporting.
Historically, EIAs have taken the form of text-heavy, physical documents that are time-consuming for project teams to compile – but crucially, are even more time consuming for local communities to read and understand. By digitalising our assessments on a live, interactive document that is accessible to all, it is easier to reach a far wider audience who can read and comment on plans, maps and videos, from their smartphones.
With our interactive digital EIAs, citizens and key stakeholders are empowered to access planning applications quickly and easily, creating the conditions for developers to bring forward projects that truly serve the needs of end users.
Through the implementation of directive requirements and contributions to associated industry guidance, we continue to be at the forefront of this field. We address climate change mitigation and adaptation at the earliest stages of a project, which enables potentially significant effects to be mitigated.
1. EIA Lead Co-ordination
- Project management of all EIA stages
- Integration of EIA with project design team and other professional advisors
- Preparation of EIA documentation including EIA reports
- Integration of EIA with consenting regimes (e.g. planning, marine licensing, energy consenting)
2. Sustainability Appraisal
- Appraisal of policies, plans and programmes
- Creation of plans and strategies
- Project management of all stages of Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA)
- Preparation of SEA documentation including SEA environmental reports
- BREEAM and CEEQUAL assessments and assurance
- Ecosystem services and natural capital evaluation
- Sustainable design
3. Development & Site Review
- Constraints analysis including GIS applications
- Initial environmental review
- Environmental and planning advice on-site issues
- Feasibility studies
4. Screening & Scoping
- Requesting opinions from authorities
- Early identification of statutory requirement for EIA
- Focussed and efficient EIA through clear scoping
5. Climate Change Mitigation & Adaptation
- Climate change mitigation through our award-winning approach to carbon and cost reduction, including the implementation of PAS 2080
- Ensuring project resilience and adaptability through the co-ordination of climate change projections across all EIA disciplines
6. Consultation (Community Impact, Public Participation)
- Management and co-ordination of stakeholder and public consultation with landowners, communities, businesses and schools
- Preparation and implementation of consultation and engagement plans to ensure effective dialogue and recording
Digital environmental impact assessments are increasingly important in helping developers to bring forward developments that respond directly to the needs of communities.
Rebecca McLean Technical Director